Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm Back...

In response to a few requests, I'm back in the blogging world. Today, marks me being a quarter of a century old. Wow I remember when I thought 25 was old and then as a teen, I remember thinking it was a fun age. Boy, was I wrong both times. 25 is definitely NOT OLD and far too BUSY to be FUN! Fun was at one year of age when you have no care in the world and all attention is on you!!! This picture was taken at my first birthday August 11, 1987. This is me and my mom. As most of you know, my mom passed away January of last year. Her birthday is also this month.





For my 25th birthday, Jeremy and I went shopping on Saturday to get me a computer. I chose to get a netbook. I really wanted the Toshiba Thrive which is a lot like the iPad. I decided on this and to get an iPhone. iPhone comes later. One at a time. I might get it for Christmas. The best gift of all was that on Wednesday of last week, I worked my last day at the March of Dimes. On Thursday, I became a stay at home mommy (SAHM)!!

This week has been AWESOME and very tiring at the same time. I decided long ago that I could never be just a SAHM. That I had to work part-time doing some type of work. As I told you in the previous post, I started selling Thirty-One Gifts in July. This is something fun to do during the week or weekend. I absolutely love it. Just when I thought that wasn't enough, I decided to keep a little boy as well.  Another thing I always told myself was I never wanted my children to be spoiled and very clingy to me because they were with me all day everyday so I got Brylee a playmate. His name is Jaxon and he is such a great little boy! I couldn't have asked for a better little boy to keep.

Monday we went to Chick-fil-a to eat lunch and play on the playground since it was a little rainy. It wasn't as bad with three kids as I thought it would be. Hardest part was getting them all inside. We ate and then played in the play place. They all loved it. Even Luke! To my surprise, Brylee climbed up inside. She didn't the first time I took her two months ago.

Tuesday I decided I would begin Potty Training 101 with my soon to be 2 year old, BAM. Well, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I had it played out in my head that it would work out so well. She already told me when she peed and pooped. I thought she would just tell me before hand and it would all be easy as pie (not that I even know how to make a pie). So Tuesday was a failure on my part. I wasn't prepared. I had no incentives or anything to give her. So I just gave up at noon and cooked some lunch. While doing so, Jaxon comes to me and says Brylee has something she isn't suppose to and is coring the wagon with it. I thought markers. No of course it wasn't markers. I wish it were markers. It was ....


 



 PURPLE NAIL POLISH!!! 
Worst part was that I didn't have any nail polish remover. Thankfully Ginger was coming to the house so I had her stop and pick some up. It took me 2 hours to get it off and the wagon still looks like this:


Wednesday, we started first thing with potty training and it went so well. She loves her Dora "panties" that she only wears at bed time and going out.

We made a calendar for the bathroom that she gets to put a sticker on each time she pees or poops. Little stickers = pee and big stickers = poops. So on Wednesday she did super dooper good. She had a few accidents once including pooping in the kitchen floor!!! Better than the carpet I say.
  
8 pees and 1 poop


















Today (Thursday) was back to potty training and to the ENT for Brylee's ear appointment. Slight drainage. Took all three with me and they were so well behaved. God was really watching over me today. Went to Sonic on the way home and they gave us our lunch for free! Said it took a long time. I didn't even notice. I was having fun playing with the kids.

I promise I will try to do a better job at blogging. I love it and now I really have a lot to share with you all!

Dear Jesus, Thank you for dying on the cross so that I can be here on this earth celebrating another birthday. You sacrificed so much so that I could have this life. I just pray that in return I have made you happy. I am more in love with you now than ever before. Thank you for giving me so much. Thank you for all the blessings you have given me. I never thought I would be able to be home with my amazing children every day but because of you that is now possible. I love you so much. Goodnight. I will talk to you again in the morning. Have a good night. Hey, keep up the good work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment